DECEMBER 26th 2010
This blog is for ANYONE who is related to mom. Please help keep this a secret from mom.
THE PLAN: To have as many family members there for mom around her birthday.
_______________________________________________________
For starters... This is Alleta - my screen name is Farscaper. Darin and the kids and I are planning to be in Arizona this Christmas to be with mom and Seth. Mom happens to turn 80 the day after Christmas.
Mom really hates having a big deal made over her. I'm not planning to go over the top. So we don't over whelm her but still honor her on her birthday I thought it might be nice to have everyone gather for a birthday dinner. Knowing mom's personality, just having everyone together at the same place at the same time would be awesome!!
Since her birthday is on a Sunday... I'm not thrilled at going out to eat on a Sunday. I'm putting this out there to see what everyone is available for...
FIRST TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
Monday - December 27th
5:00 pm
Dinner at Carlos O'Brien's Mexican Restaurant
(SCOTTSDALE 7111 East Bell Road (480) 367-0469)
How about meeting the day after her birthday (Dec 27th) or some other day close around there.
I know Mom really enjoys Mexican food. One restaurant we went to several times that mom really enjoyed (and "stole" the recipe of their Chimichanga's) is Carlos O'Brein's Mexican Restaurant.
Everyone can pay for their own self/families and help chip in to pay for Mom's dinner.
The day is not set in stone. If another day is better for everyone I need to know. I know that travel around Christmas is VERY hectic. We could always hold it before Christmas. I just thought that life is crazier and busier before Christmas than after Christmas.
____________________________________
I need feedback from everyone.
- Will you be there or not?
- What day is best for you? (Give me a date range you are available)
- Do you have a better idea than what I've come up with?
I have enabled EVERYONE to be able to make a comment. You do not need to have a Google account. You just need to make sure I know who YOU are when posting so I don't see "I'll be there" and not know who said that. Thanks.
Pass this site link on to other family members (grand kids etc..) who would like to be included.
I doubt we can accommodate everyone's schedules. I'm hoping to have as many people there as possible. That's why I'm starting NOW with the plans. Thanks for your input!
Don't Forget to CHECK BACK to see what the plan finalizes out into (place, time, date etc...)
-Alleta-
Alleta -
ReplyDeleteOf course I'll be there - with as many family members as posible. We may not get there until that morning - haven't talked to the family yet. Are you planning any kind of slide show or picture display? Let me know if you need any pictures that you don't have from her "other life" - I may have some she gave me. Can we all pitch in for a nice gift? Even if it's a gift card or charge card - I know that she'd appreciate that the most. Or maybe even something more personal - anyone have any ideas??? Carlos O'Brien's sounds good - as long as they have a "party" room for large groups.
Deb
Mom has mentioned several times that she doesn't want any more clothes. What she wishes people would get her are gift cards to Walmart. That way she can use them to get whatever she wants or needs. She mentioned several things she could get at Walmart if she had the chance.
ReplyDeleteI never thought about a slide show. Can do it. DEFINATELY need some pictures. Mom has been pretty stingy with those. I do have the big bag of photos from home. Amazingly enough there are not all that many with her in them. She sure can hide from the dang camera! If you happen to have one or two that are particularly "mom" I would love to get a scan of those.
I haven't called the restaurant yet. Guess it would be nice to know if they have an area we could hang out as a large group.